Monday, October 15, 2018

Is Homeowner’s Insurance Required for Timeshares?

What Is Required With A Timeshare

Timeshare is a way to spend your vacation in comfort in a beautiful place, but to make sure that your property as well as your vacation are safe, you need to take care of insurances as well. The two most common forms of timeshare are deeded ownership that gives the owner lifelong right to use the property and right-of-use, which gives the owner the right to use the property for a certain amount of years, each of the two forms requiring a different approach when it comes to insurance.

In the case of deeded ownership properties, the types of insurance that the owners need include title insurance to ensure that the title of ownership is free and it legally belongs to the owner and a deeded timeshare property insurance to provide coverage in case of fires, weather damage, theft and vandalism. Liability insurance is also available for deeded properties to insure the contents of the property.

Right-of-use contracts do not transfer property rights, therefore property insurance is not necessary, but it is still recommended to take out a liability insurance.  Find out more helpful timeshare information at

Original Post right here: Is Homeowner’s Insurance Required for Timeshares?

No comments:

Post a Comment